The Lunette menstrual cup is an ecological alternative to tampons and sanitary pads. It's made of medical silicone in Finland
You insert the Lunette cup into the vagina in order to collect menstrual blood. Lunette does not absorb the blood like tampons or sanitary towels, but collects between 25 and 30 ml (depending on the size) of fluid that can be poured away when you go to the toilet.
- Because the Lunette doesn't absorb liquids there is no drying-out of the mucous membrane like it can happen with pads. She doesn't leave textile fibres in the vagina and can be used no matter how strong your flow is.
- Menstruating people use about 10,000 sanitary towels or tampons during their fertile years. Lunette can be used for several years if maintained properly and is therefore obviously cost-saving compared to other sanitary products.
- Menstrual cups have - in contrast to pads - never been associated with the toxic shock syndrom (TSS).
- The Lunette menstrual cup holds more liquid than a pad or sanitary towel.
- No need to think of backup tampons or sanitary towels.
- Particularly suitable for menstruating people with a disposition to vagina infections, mycosis, allergy or a sensitive vagina mucous membrane.
- A menstrual cup is the most eco-friendly hygienic menstrual product. Because it is reusable for many years there is hardly any packing or used tampons or sanitary pads which have to be disposed month by month.
- Lunette is free from bleach, deodorant or absorbing gel.
- Lunette is free from PVC, latex and proteins.
The size you need depends on several factors: the strength of your flow, the strength of your pubococcygeus muscle, and the position of your cervix.
Model 2 ist harder than model 1 and is suitable for people with a strong pubococcygeus muscle. Model 2 is a bit bigger and is a good choice for people with normal or strong flow. If your cervix is positioned quite low you can cut the stem of your Lunette.
Model 1 is a little bit smaller and softer than model 2. It is suitable for people with moderate or light flow. If you've got an average or good pubococcygeus muscle the hardness of this model should be appropriate. If necessary you can cut the stem of this model, too. But keep in mind that the cup can be difficult to grab if your cervix is positioned too high.
Diameter: 41 mm
47 mm high
25 mm stem
Capacity: 25 ml